Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rue 114

I have been meaning to write this post for so long now :( Excuse me for my tardiness.

I'm in love with Rue 114; as if the name isn't enough to garner your attention immediately! I have been eyeing this clothing line for months and am thoroughly impressed. I think the website states it best in describing the line as "created for women who believe that every shape and size should be celebrated as beautiful". Their intro collection (available in sizes 2 -22), "Et Dieu Créa La Femme" (And God Created Woman), in my opinion somehow manages to flatter the physique of all women regardless of shape or size. The Founder of Rue 21, Serwah Asante, boldly and intelligently fuses her Ghanaian-American upbringing with NYC glam that is to die for! Luscious material, African print, thoughtful design, figure hugging silhouettes - what more is there one would want!

And as if it couldn't get any better the, the collection is modeled by both a standard and plus sized model. How many times have you shopped online at a store that has extended sizes but no pictures of how the fit would look on a woman larger than size 6/8....Check out the pics/links below:










































The Femme Fatale Blouse in Cream Chiffon













































The "Shimmy On Over" Pencil Skirt in Navy


Magnifique!!! The price range for the collection is a little pricey (not ridiculously) but considering the make, fabric, print, fit, and quality, it's understandable. Though I plan on splurging eventually, my recent college grad budget restricts me from ordering individual pieces like these for right now - except for  important dates (weddings, birthday (MINE), you know life altering circumstances). Will you be buying soon?

xoxo,
Moji

p.s. Did you spot plus size model Allison McGevna in the pics above! Love her blog and her! Such an inspiration! Check her out:  http://alliemcgev.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment